Destination Wedding Frequently Asked Questions
Congratulations on being engaged- what an exciting time! Following you will find some basic information on Destination Weddings - please feel free to contact us with any other questions that you may have!
Sand & Sun Vacations destination wedding specialists share destination wedding FAQ’s !
Be sure to check out our destination wedding blog for the latest destination wedding trends, updates and more destination FAQ’s
What is a Destination Wedding ?
Simply stated, a destination wedding is a wedding in which the engaged couple and/or a majority of their guests travel to attend the ceremony. Quite often the wedding is combined with the honeymoon making it a cost effective and wonderfully unique and special way to say “I Do”. At Sand & Sun Vacations we specialize in all inclusive destination weddings to the Caribbean and Mexico !
Why do Couples choose to have a destination wedding ?
- Less Expensive/ Better value The large cost of a formal wedding makes it ideal to roll the cost of a wedding and honeymoon into one grand event! At some resorts they may even be able to have a Free wedding!
- Romantic and adventurous couples dream of having a unique and unforgettable wedding, whether on a stunning tropical beach with the ocean as a backdrop, in the midst of a winery, on a glacier, a chapel in Vegas (with or without Elvis), a cruise or on the edge of a volcano!
- Couples wish to spend less time planning the event & more time enjoying each other!
- Many times the majority of guests will need to travel anyways! Most of your guests will undoubtedly love the excuse to take a mini-vacation!
- The opportunity to have a smaller intimate affair with their closest family and friends.
Is a Destination wedding right for you ?
Honestly, a destination wedding will not be the best choice for every couple. Many times a family member may not be able to make it because of illness or finances, family may be opposed, or if you need immediate results or the ability to visually inspect every detail you may find that a destination wedding will cause you more stress than a traditional at home wedding.
If you are a couple that has alreday spoken to family & friends and have good supportive feedback, have a plan in place in case a beloved family member can’t make it, understands that things are done “on island time” and can look at a destination wedding as an adventure, then you will LOVE having a destination wedding and have amazing memories!
Once you have decided that you want to get away to “tie the knot”, where do you start?
Contact Sand & Sun Vacations Today at DW@SandnSunVacations.com! We specialize in Caribbean & Mexico Destination Weddings!
We have some of THE most experienced destination wedding travel consultants ! Many have recently had a destination wedding themselves and can share their experience as both a Bride & a Travel Consultant! They understand what your feeling and how to assist your guests, making a Destination Wedding an amazing experience for all involved!
Our agents are featured on the Fabulous All Inclusive Bride forum-www.All-InclusveBride.com the fastest growing and most comprehensive Destination Wedding forum on the web! Jennifer has been a featured Destination Wedding specialist for the national magazine BRIDES and many other publications.
Check out TA Jennifer, TA Maureen & TA Jill at : http://www.all-inclusivebride.com
We highly encourage you to work with a travel consultant experienced in destination weddings- they have the relationships, knowledge and experience to make planning a destination wedding stress free and a wonderful experience. They also understand what it takes to keep both the bride & groom and all of their guests happy!
We look forward to making your Destination Wedding and Honeymoon dreams reality!
More Destination Wedding FAQ’s!
Sand & Sun Vacations