To get started with Sand & Sun Vacations for Your Destination Wedding
- Email Jennifer@SandnSunVacations.com with your wedding date so we can hold a space for you on our calendar! Our destination wedding experts limit how many destination wedding couples each agent works with during a calendar period to ensure stellar service! In the email we will need:
- Your preferred wedding date and time,
- how many guests you expect ,
- If you already have a resort or destination picked, please provide the destination and name of resort also if you already have your wedding date/time confirmed.
- After you receive confirmation of availability, fill out the destination wedding questionnaire – this will assist your travel consultant in knowing exactly what you envision for your wedding and resort! We will hold your space in our destination wedding calendar for 2 weeks after your initial email.
- We can then schedule a free initial consultation. This is our opportunity to get to know each other and for you to ask any questions that you may have!
- Once we receive your retainer you will be confirmed in our destination wedding calendar and your destination wedding travel specialist will start working on your behalf!
There is no additional cost to utilize Sand & Sun Vacations for Your destination wedding!
Why then do you require a retainer ?
At Sand & Sun Vacations, we take a great deal of pride in our work and are determined to provide the absolute best service to our clients. So that we can provide that service we have chosen to ONLY work with a select few clients at a time.
We will only do 1 large ( 25 plus rooms) and 1 midsize ( 15 to 25 rooms), or three small ( under 15 rooms) to mid sized weddings, per travel consultant a month so that we can be assured that everyone is well taken care of. Our number one goal is to provide great service to our brides and their guests! If your wedding has less than 10 rooms booked by 7 months out we may add another wedding to that month.
- Destination weddings require expertise and time – our agents research and recommend a destination and resort after consulting with you, we contact the wedding department to determine availabilty, discus & assess your needs in regards to group vs individual booking options, we then work with each of guests to make sure that they are fully informed and comfortable with the travel arrangements, applying payments.
- A Destination Wedding may not always work out for the bride & groom. Occasionally issues may come up after the research, group and/or deposit was set in place. We’ve encountered many unforeseen situations that have made a Destination Wedding no longer an option – while we understand that life happens we must make sure that our expenses (such as international phone calls), and time (dispensing advice, answering questions, providing quotes and negotiating on your behalf,) are at least partially covered. We more than likely have turned down assisting other couples with their Destination Weddings; the retainer guarantees your spot on our destination wedding calendar.
- Professionals – At Sand & Sun Vacations we feel that it is very important to have first hand knowledge of a destination and resort plus a personal relationship with the resort staff so that our clients can benefit from our experience! Our agents travel several times yearly to do site inspections (on our own dime- no, as TA’s we do not travel for free!) meet with general managers, and wedding coordinators! . We also spend a tremendous amount of time training. We average at least several hours a week educating ourselves & keeping abreast of the travel industry-whether reading up on changes at destinations and resorts in trade magazines, taking an online course, meeting with a tourist board or supplier representatives. Forming those relationships that benefit our clients!
The retainer covers packages– hotel and transfers or hotel, transfers and airfare. It does not cover airfare or transfer only bookings. We are not wedding planners and do not book outside vendors such as photographers, florists or bakeries.
The cost of the retainer ranges from $50.00-250.00 USD.
Your retainer covers travel arrangements for yourself, and for a destination wedding, all providing all of your guests that book with Sand & Sun Vacations fantastic service.